Imagine being a critical designer on programs for Boeing, Airbus, Sikorsky, and other major aircraft.
At Shadin, our engineers collaborate on exciting projects like this every day. We are looking for engineers that are passionate about innovating, testing, and designing new products for growing this small company into something big. Based in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Shadin Avionics has a rich history of designing and manufacturing innovative aircraft electronic systems for the Aerospace and Defense industry. As a respected global leader in avionics technology, the company has recently experienced rapid growth fueled by simple innovations that have revolutionized data management systems on aircraft.
Shadin is seeking a hands-on and energetic Senior Systems Engineer. The Senior Avionic Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading the systems definition and development of real-time embedded systems and sensors used in advanced aircraft avionic systems. Products include flight critical systems such as data concentrators, engine monitoring, fuel flow management, and advanced sensors/systems.
· Experience with aircraft avionic systems and FAA certification are highly desired.
· Knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals (e.g., how to write a good requirement; standard verification methods; functional decomposition; standard diagramming techniques; risk and opportunity management)
· Familiarity with program and design review process: System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Flight Readiness Review (FRR) Experience with process reviews, audits and compliance
· Experience designing architectures with a variety of communication protocols
(digital/analog signal types, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC, CAN, Eth, etc.)
· Experience developing products at any stage from early trade studies through final design, manufacturing, and test
· Experience with requirements management software (DOORS< DNG or JAMA preferred)
· Experience with designing / developing / integrating advanced processing systems with DO-178 and DO-254 processes
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to brief technical / program information to internal and external audiences
· Experience working with commercial test equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Frequency Counters, Oscilloscopes, Multi-meters, Logic Analyzers etc
· Ability to promote and sustain a highly motivated, team environment. An essential function of the position is to work closely with other functional areas
This position is located in Minneapolis, MN (not a remote position)
This is an in-facility role.
Essential functions are the primary job responsibilities which an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is the most accurate list for the current job. Shadin reserves the right to revise the job description as well as to require that other duties be performed as needed