Imagine being a critical contributor on programs for Boeing, Airbus, Sikorsky, and other major aircraft manufacturers. At Shadin, our engineers collaborate on exciting projects like this every day. We are looking for engineers that are passionate about innovating, testing, and designing new products for growing this small company into something big. Based in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Shadin Avionics has a rich history of designing and manufacturing innovative aircraft electronic systems for the Aerospace and Defense industry. As a respected global leader in avionics technology, the company has recently experienced rapid growth fueled by simple innovations that have revolutionized data management systems on aircraft.
Shadin is seeking a hands-on and energetic Senior Software Engineer. This position is for the development and execution of customized software in a highly regulated environment. Shadin’s products are based on embedded ARM/CORE processors running ‘bare metal’ OS. Tasks involve specifying requirements, developing software, and integrating with a mix of hardware platforms. Documentation of code, test coverage, and integration analyses are delivered to customer or FAA certification authorities to demonstrate regulatory compliance.
To apply copy the following link to your browser and follow the directions:
· Operate in a multi-project environment with high demand schedules while meeting the goal of driving programs forward
· Understand and propose architectural improvements to Shadin’s configurable software core
· Utilize DOORS and other tools for design control of requirements
· Execute the analysis, design, integration, and qualification testing required
· Support software development to be used for hardware qualification and acceptance tests
· Prepare and present technical data and test demonstration to internal and external customers
· Provide engineering expertise in the maintenance and support of legacy products
· Support the development of documentation necessary for FAA certification and new product release
· BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related degree
· 8+ years of engineering experience, managing engineering projects in a regulated industry; preference in the aerospace industry
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
· Highly motivated with the ability to work autonomously
· Knowledge of DOORS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Demonstrated ability to work on a team with other departments to collectively meet the organizations and customer’s needs
· Demonstrated time management and project management skills
· Experience with aircraft systems: ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, RTCA DO-178/DO-254, MIL-STD-461 / MIL-STD-810 / DO-160 is desired
· Experience with aviation, avionic hardware design and development are a plus
This position is located in Minneapolis, MN (not a remote position)
This is an in-facility role.
Essential functions are the primary job responsibilities which an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is the most accurate list for the current job. Shadin reserves the right to revise the job description as well as to require that other duties be performed as needed