Based in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Shadin Avionics has a rich history of designing and manufacturing innovative aircraft electronic systems for the Aerospace and Defense industry. As a respected global leader in avionics technology, the company has recently experienced rapid growth fueled by simple innovations that have revolutionized data management systems on aircraft.
Shadin emphasizes integrity, accountability and teamwork in the workplace with a vibrant culture that empowers employees to be the best that they can be. A newly renovated state of the art facility contributes to the focus on creativity, flexibility, balance and results!
Shadin has a bright future in the new age of aircraft technology and is looking for team members that want to be part of that vision.
Visit www.shadin.com for more information
Shadin is seeking a hands-on and energetic Software Engineer. This position is for the development and execution of customized software in a highly regulated environment. Shadin’s products are based on embedded ARM/CORE processors running ‘bare metal’ OS. Tasks involve specifying requirements, developing software, and integrating with a mix of hardware platforms. Documentation of code, test coverage, and integration analyses are delivered to customer or FAA certification authorities to demonstrate regulatory compliance.
- Lead and coordinate software development activities for software development
- Understand and propose architectural improvements to Shadin’s configurable software core
- Utilize DOORS and other tools to demonstrate test coverage of requirements
- Execute the analysis, design, integration, and qualification testing required
- Hands-on hardware testing
- Support software development to be used for hardware qualification and acceptance tests
- Prepare and present technical data and test demonstration to internal and external customers
- Provide engineering expertise in the maintenance and support of legacy products
- Support the development of documentation necessary for FAA certification and new product release
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of DOORS, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team with other departments to collectively meet the organization’s and customer’s needs
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills
- Experience with aircraft systems: ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, RTCA DO-178/DO-254, MIL-STD-461 / MIL-STD-810 / DO-160 is desired
- Experience with aviation, avionic hardware design and development are a plus
The list of qualifications, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is the most accurate list for the current job. Shadin reserves the right to revise the job description as well as to require that other duties be performed as needed.
Please contact our HR department for more information.